18 Nov 2012

Preemie Power Tower! World Prematurity Day 2012

So I heard a few days ago that the CN Tower in Toronto would be lighting up purple in honour of World Prematurity Day and I got all excited at the prospect of seeing it myself.  How could I justify a trip down the highway-about a 45-50 minute drive away on a good day-to see a Tower I'd seen thousands of times before.

Think, think, think.

My mother pointed out this week, that once I set my mind to something, I usually make it happen.  So I thought and thought...and began looking into a reason I could take the trip.  Luckily, a pretty special event was happening downtown, which I've never actually seen.  The Cavalcade of Lights.  The Christmas tree and city hall area being lit up with lights for the coming holiday season. Perfect!  A night of nothing but looking at pretty lights.

Date night for Proud Preemie Mom and Dad!  That never happens!

Off we went down the 401 to see a tower I grew up 20 minutes away from. A tower I've seen thousands of times. Yet I've never seen this thing purple! The fun part of tonight was my husband had absolutely no idea what I was up to (because he would have thought I was a little looney,) so heading down the highway he's guessing and guessing.  Finally it occurred to him I'd slapped a purple ribbon on his jacket just before we headed out, I was wearing one, as well as a purple shirt and scarf. By George, I think he's got it.

So we wound up having a nice date night out on the town. Took pictures at the CN Tower like only tourists do. Had an awesome dinner. Then saw the lights festival.  A special evening wrapped up a special day.

Earlier in the day I did my share of tweeting and Facebook posting to spread the word about World Prematurity Day. I stuck a camera in my 3 preemies' faces more than they approved of and earlier today I still wasn't 100% sure I was going to get to Toronto, so I asked anyone that may be in the area to take a picture for me. Thankfully I got some of my own and here are a few.


HAPPY WORLD PREMATURITY DAY 2012

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to celebrate the Day! The tower looks beautiful - means a lot to so many Canadian families.

    ReplyDelete